Dr. Christopher Menke is a double board-certified podiatric surgeon skilled to perform both cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the foot and ankle. Additionally, he is passionate about contributing his time and surgical skills to those in need through his nonprofit, Surgeons of Service.
Dr. Christopher Menke earned his Doctorate in Podiatric Medicine (DPM) from the Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine in Philadelphia, PA. He went on to complete his 3-year residency in advanced reconstructive foot and ankle surgery at the prestigious DeKalb Medical Surgical Residency in Decatur, GA. He has lectured nationally and currently has multiple papers published in national podiatric journals. After practicing in Metro-Atlanta for 8 years, he relocated to Greensboro, Ga in 2014 and soon after established Da Vinci Foot & Ankle with his sister, Dr. Allison Menke.
In addition to private practice, Dr. Menke has participated in nine surgical mission trips to Central America and he currently focuses his time in the Dominican Republic through the nonprofit, Surgeons of Service. The surgical missions are week long trips where patients are screened and treated both conservatively and surgically. Patients include both children and adults with a variety of foot, ankle, and leg disorders. Recently, the mission has expanded to include the involvement of Lake Oconee Academy to foster the awareness of need, and to allow students the ability to participate with giving back to those in need both locally and globally.
Dr. Christopher Menke specializes in Bunion Surgery, Hammertoe Surgery, and trauma related Foot & Ankle Surgery. Dr. Menke lives at Lake Oconee with his beautiful daughters Lily & Layla and is still an avid Buffalo Bills fan.
Dr. Christopher Menke Experience
- Undergraduate: Ohio Wesleyan University, Delaware, Ohio
- Medical School: Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Residency: Northlake Medical Center, Tucker Georgia
- DeKalb Medical, Decatur, Georgia (Chief Resident)
- Physician, Da Vinci Foot & Ankle
- Director, Surgeons of Service
- Faculty Member, The Podiatry Institute
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- Georgia Podiatric Medical Association
- Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- Board Certified Foot Surgery
- Board Certified Ankle Reconstruction
- DeKalb Medical, Decatur, Georgia
- Putnam General Hospital, Eatonton, Georgia
- St. Mary’s Good Samaritan Hospital, Greensboro, Georgia
- University Hospital McDuffie, Thomson, Georgia
- Lapidus Arthrodesis with the Darco Locking Plate
- The Journal of Foot & Ankle Surgery, 2011 Jul-Aug; 50(4): 377-82.
- A Review of 51 Talonavicular Joint Arthrodeses for Flexible Pes Valgus Deformity
- The Journal of Foot & Ankle Surgery, 2010 March; 49(2):113-118
- Reconstruction of the First Metatarsophalangeal Joint Following Post-cheilectomy Avascular Necrosis of the First Metatarsal Head: A Case Report.
- The Journal of Foot & Ankle Surgery, 2009 Jan-Feb; 48(1):61-9
- Menke, CRD (Editorial Staff). Internal Fixation of The Foot & Ankle: Instructional Course Workbook. Alder DC, Ruch JA Eds. Produced by The Podiatry Institute in Conjunction with AO North America, 2007
- Reverse Sural Fasciocutaneous Flap – Podiatry Institute Update 2010
- Management of Dog Bites A Case Report– Podiatry Institute Update 2009