Toenail fungus is no joke. Apart from being unsightly and embarrassing it can also cause pain and discomfort over time. At Da Vinci Foot and Ankle we offer Laser Treatment For Nail Fungus with the most powerful laser that the FDA has cleared for it. The GenesisPlus is a new laser created for the safe and effective treatment of onychomycosis, or toenail fungus. Unlike many other treatment options, Genesis targets the fungus directly – at the root of the problem. This makes treatment faster, more effective, and less frustrating for patients with long-term problems.
How Can You Catch Toenail Fungus?
Here are 5 of the most common places to catch it:
- Your Own Shoes: if you sweat a lot and don’t rotate shoes often, there is a greater chance that you can develop a fungal infection right from underneath you.
- Gym Locker Rooms/Common Areas: this is one of the most common places to catch a fungal infection. Walking barefoot in a communal area such as a gym locker room or dorm shower should always be avoided.
- Sharing Items: never share towels, toenail clippers, shoes, or socks with others. Even when trying on shoes at the store, it’s important you protect your feet by wearing your own socks or the stocking socks they supply.
- Nail Salons: Many salons do not sanitize their equipment properly between clients. Additionally, when pedicurists cut your cuticles, they leave your skin open to infection.
- Friend or Family Member: of course the easiest way to catch a fungus is by direct contact with another person who has it. Fungus is contagious and can be contracted by simple contact.
What Are The Signs You Have It?
There are a few telling signs that will let you know you have contracted a toenail fungus. If you have any of the following, it is important that you make an appointment with one of our Doctors to eradicate the fungus before it spreads.
- scaling or flakiness under the nail
- white or yellow streaks on the nail
- a crumbling corner or tip of the nail
- the appearance of yellow spots at the bottom of the nail
- a distorted nail that may lift off from the nail bed
- an odor coming from the infected nail
- a brittle or thickened nail
- loss of the entire nail
About Our Laser Treatment
Laser Treatment For Nail Fungus (success rate of about 88%) is the preferable treatment option to eradicate toenail fungus. Standard treatment options like nail trimming, topical ointments, oral medicine, or total nail removal have their individual, unique drawbacks. Some don’t actually treat the fungus, just attempt to remove the side effects. Others need to be applied for many months, and offer low success rates. Oral medication can even lead to collateral damage like kidney or liver problems! Genesis Plus Laser Treatment For Nail Fungus is a quick, comfortable, and simple procedure that treats the fungus immediately.
The GenesisPlus Laser passes minuscule, brief pulses of light through the problem toenail allowing us to treat the fungus underneath, without an invasive procedure. The fungus is irradiated, and the surrounding nail and skin are left undamaged. The entire laser procedure will take between 15-30 minutes and most patients experience a gentle warming during the procedure. Patients find treatment quite tolerable and after treatment, you will be able to resume normal activities at once. We will provide you with prevention guidelines to follow for ideal results and by adhering to our tips, you’ll see your fungus clearing as quickly and thoroughly as possible.
There is no need to be ashamed or embarrassed to come in for your appointment. We are here to help and get you LAKE READY before this summer! No more hiding your toes!!
Call us at 706.999.9994 or request a consultation online.