… THEY HAPPEN BY APPOINTMENT!
Toenail fungus has the potential to really put a damper on your summer vacation. Apart from being unsightly and embarrassing, it can also cause pain and discomfort over time. At Da Vinci Foot and Ankle we offer Laser Treatment For Toenail Fungus with the most powerful laser that the FDA has cleared for it. The REMY Laser is a new laser created for the safe and effective treatment of onychomycosis, or toenail fungus. Unlike many other treatment options, REMY targets the fungus directly – at the root of the problem. This makes treatment faster, more effective, and less frustrating for patients with long-term problems.
HOW CAN YOU CATCH TOENAIL FUNGUS?
Here are 5 of the most common places to catch it:
- Your Own Shoes: if you sweat a lot and don’t rotate shoes often, there is a greater chance that you can develop a fungal infection right from underneath you.
- Gym Locker Rooms/Common Areas: this is one of the most common places to catch a fungal infection. Walking barefoot in a communal area such as a gym locker room or dorm shower should always be avoided.
- Sharing Items: never share towels, toenail clippers, shoes, or socks with others. Even when trying on shoes at the store, it’s important you protect your feet by wearing your own socks or the stocking socks they supply.
- Nail Salons: Many salons do not sanitize their equipment properly between clients. Additionally, when pedicurists cut your cuticles, they leave your skin open to infection.
- Friend or Family Member: of course the easiest way to catch a fungus is by direct contact with another person who has it. Fungus is contagious and can be contracted by simple contact.
WHAT ARE THE SIGNS YOU HAVE TOENAIL FUNGUS?
There are a few telling signs that will let you know you have contracted a toenail fungus. If you have any of the following, it is important that you make an appointment with one of our Doctors to eradicate the fungus before it spreads.
- scaling or flakiness under the nail
- white or yellow streaks on the nail
- a crumbling corner or tip of the nail
- the appearance of yellow spots at the bottom of the nail
- a distorted nail that may lift off from the nail bed
- an odor coming from the infected nail
- a brittle or thickened nail
- loss of the entire nail
ABOUT OUR LASER TREATMENT
WHY CHOOSE LASER TREATMENT?
Laser Treatment For Toenail Fungus is the preferable treatment option to eradicate toenail fungus. Standard treatment options like nail trimming, topical ointments, oral medicine, or total nail removal have their individual, unique drawbacks. In many cases these options don’t kill the fungus at its root, they simply treat the side effects to help the appearance of the nail and eliminate the pain for the patient.
Oral medication for example can even lead to collateral damage like kidney or liver problems! Our REMY Laser Treatment For Nail Fungus is a quick, comfortable, and simple procedure that treats the fungus immediately and attacks it at its root.
Is it painful? Most people feel no pain at all during the treatment. You may experience a warm sensation, but this will only last for the duration of the treatment on your nail.
Does it require any recovery time? There is no recovery period for laser treatment. You can walk out of our office right after treatment.
How long does it take? Our laser treatment takes between 10-30 minutes depending how many toenails we are treating.
How many sessions do I need? We recommend 6 sessions to begin with. Each session will take place on the same day each month spanning over 6 months. If any additional sessions are necessary after 6 months we offer 50% off each additional session that is required.
Will the fungus come back? During your consultation visit, our Doctor will recommend what treatment package is right for you to not only eliminate any fungal infection you currently have on your toenails but to also reduce the recurrence of it appearing again. We offer a maintenance schedule of laser treatments throughout your year to maintain fungus free!
When can I paint my toenails again? You can paint your toenails 24 hours after treatment. It is important to note that during treatment all polish and nail decoration will be removed by our Doctor (or yourself before you come to the office).
Does my insurance cover the treatments? Please call our office directly to speak with our receptionist about your insurance type and how much it will cover for Laser Toenail Treatment.
Stop suffering with embarrassing toenail fungus today and contact Da Vinci Foot and Ankle to see what plan is best for you!
There is no need to be ashamed or embarrassed to come in for your appointment. Above all, we are here to help and get you LAKE READY before this summer! No more hiding your toes!!
We hope you enjoy your March and remember that clear toenail don’t happen by LUCK, they happen by appointment!
We are now offering TELEMEDICINE as part of our practice. To learn more CLICK HERE!
CLICK HERE to book your next appointment at Da Vinci Foot and Ankle.
Lake Oconee, GA 706-999-9994
West Augusta, GA 706-597-0102
Madison, GA 706-999-9994