Did You Know…
» Over 14 million American adults aged 65 and older experience a fall each year.
» Every 15 seconds, an older adult is seen in an emergency room for a fall-related injury.
» In 2010, such falls resulted in direct costs to the US healthcare system of over $30 billion dollars.
» More than 20,000 of those falls resulted in death
These are statistics that make us terribly sad and we at Da Vinci Foot and Ankle are committed to pursuing the integrity and well-being of our older patients. Furthermore, our board certified Doctors have specifically chosen the Moore Balance Brace as an integral part of our product inventory.
What is the Moore Balance Brace (MBB) ?
The Moore Balance Brace is a doctor prescribed, custom made ankle foot orthosis designed to fit easily into shoes. Amongst many other balancing characteristics the MBB:
- Stabilizes the foot in the presence of weakness and fatigue
- Provides ankle support, improving balance and helps avoid falls by reducing postural sway
- Improves foot clearance reducing the risk of tripping
- Is easy to put on and remove
- Exceptionally light-weight and comfortable
How Does it Work?
The custom orthosis provides arch support and midfoot stability while allowing the forefoot & toes to be anchored for increased balance. The Moore Balance Brace is to be used as a maintenance mechanism in conjunction with proper care and a comprehensive protocol. This may include physical and occupational therapy, strength training, medication review, annual foot exams and footwear evaluations.
Am I a Candidate for the MBB?
Are you at risk for falling?
• Have you fallen in the past?
• Do you have arthritis in your feet or ankles?
• Are your legs or ankles feeling weak or unsteady?
• Do you drag your feet, stumble or shuffle when walking?
• Do you find it necessary to grasp stationary objects, like walls / furniture / rails, to gain balance when walking?
If you answered “Yes” to any of the above questions, you may have a balance problem that could be improved with the use of the Moore Balance Brace.
Does insurance cover the Moore Balance Brace?
The MBB is covered by most insurance companies, including Medicare and Medicaid, when used to treat conditions associated with risk factors for falls. There are cases in which certain insurance companies do not cover the MBB in full. Please call our office for specific information pertaining to your insurance and coverage – (706) 999-9994.
You don’t have to live with pain. Da Vinci Foot and Ankle can help! CLICK HERE to book your next appointment at Da Vinci Foot and Ankle.
Lake Oconee, GA 706-999-9994
West Augusta, GA 706-597-0102
Madison, GA 706-999-9994